Thursday, July 15, 2010

What Am I Doing?!?

All I've posted lately is about my diet, weight and workout successes and woes. But this is supposed to a blog about life, and my life is not just about those things!

So I'm going to talk about something different today. About LIFE!

My in-laws!

Josh and I have been planning on flying to Virginia to meet up with Josh's family for his grandmothers 80th birthday in early August, even though I believe her Birthday isn't technically until September. But, its a family get together, nonetheless.

In the past few weeks Josh and I started looking at plane tickets. The fares are astronomical! Like seriously, $500. For a plane ticket! We started to panick a little bit as Josh is still out of work and money is tight.

Now, its no question that Josh would go. Between the two of us, we'd be able to pay $500, but theres no way each of us could afford that. My trip out there started looking less and less likely, which made me quite sad. This is my new family, and I wanted to see them.

Word got around that there was a possibility I couldn't make it, and my in-laws sprang into action. Josh's Mom told him that she would pay for his ticket as long as he didn't put anything else on his Discover card, and that Lisa and K (Josh's Aunt and Uncle who we'd be staying with in Virginia) would send us a check for $400 to offset the cost of the other ticket. Wow.

They went above and beyond, and told Josh that there was no way I wasn't coming. Lil' ol' me....this girl who's only been part of the family for just a few months. Now, I don't think we'll need the help of paying for it in full. Josh said that when we get the check, we just won't cash it...I'm pretty sure we can afford to split one ticket. Which reminds me...I have a lot of extra bills to pay this month. Car registration, and my emergency room bill, to name a couple. I suppose I should get on that.

Anyway - it felt awesome that they would go that far out to make sure that Josh and I were there for the festivities. I feel so loved, and so welcome into this family. It makes me so so so happy.

No comments: