Monday, June 21, 2010

Pilates and a Bad Day

Saturday morning, still excited by my recent success in dieting, I woke up early to go to my first Pilates class. It was being held at a gorgeous park in Porter Ranch, just up the street from Shepherd of the Hills.

I enjoyed the class very much - some of the moves were a little hard to do, either due to my lack of flexibility, balance, and my core strength, but I got through it okay. Our instructor, who is just turning 50, looks amazing for her age. I could only dream to have her body now, at my young age of 25. So Pilates must work.

After Pilates, I went home and started wrapping my Dad's Guitar, Guitar accessories, and the picture I had enlarged and framed from the wedding. Then we showered and made our way over to Sun Valley to drop off some old cleaning supplies at the Hazardous Waste facility, before going to my parents house.

This is where things turn ugly, at least diet wise. I knew Tacos were going to be our main course, so I made sure to eat a smaller breakfast and lunch, and to keep snacking to a minimum. I also knew people were coming over to the house later that night and that any drinking I would do would be saved for that. I managed to not snack a whole lot, but Margaritas had been made and were sooo delicious that I ended up having two. I did however, not partake in the cheesecake that was being passed around.

Then we went to our Apartment to celebrate the last part of Louis's Birthday festivities. I drank...a lot. 2 Sweet Tea Vodka's (although this was made with Crystal Light) and one Crystal Light and Malibu Rum. Boy I was drunk - more drunk than I've been in a long time. The room was spinning, but I did manage to fall asleep sitting up on the couch.

Sunday I was fairly good. I slept until 11am, so I skipped breakfast, and Josh and I got lunch (and dinner) at subway. We went to a matinee of Toy Story 3, and I got a Diet Coke and a bag of popcorn, that I ate maybe an 1/8th of, and then later that night we went and got Menchies. I had 6pts left for this, and I'm sure it was somewhere in that vacinity. I was really craving something delicious and heavy after all that drinking - like pizza or pasta, but Josh kept me on track.

After all that, I weighed myself this morning and it said 139.4 - which is up from Friday. I do however think it's a temporary weight gain, as I'm sure I'm retaining water like crazy, and am a bit backed up. I don't believe one night of drinking could do THAT much damage. I should be at 138.6 today if I want to reach my goal of 135 by rafting.

With that said - Boot Camp starts tonight! YES!

No comments: