Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

The weekend was a long, yet good weekend that was comprised of many events.

I had to work on Friday until 2pm, and had planned on having Josh pick me up and leaving straight from work. Unfortunately, Josh wanted to wait for his unemployment paperwork to come (they had screwed up and hadn't received anything since May 9th, which means no checks had been coming in), so he could get it filled out and returned so a check could be sent our way.

The mail guy didn't get there until 3:45, which meant that we didn't get on the road until 4pm. Traffic was awful! It took us 3 and 1/2 hours to get to Vicki's - when it's normally a 2 hour drive at most. But, we got there just in time to see Caleb start racing. That boy is so bad ass, I can't even tell you. He came in third - which he was more than happy about. He loves doing it, and at this point, doesn't care much about what place he comes in.

Josh and I went back to my sisters house, while my Mom, Dad, Rachele and Christopher drove up to Big Bear. I wanted Josh to be able to enjoy the drive up since he hadn't been there before, and opted to drive up in the morning. Which we did. Very early in the morning. We made it to the cabin around 8:30 that morning.

Once Joe and Deb got there, the whole family went to breakfast. It was deeeeelicious. In hindsight, we could have done without the large meal since the BBQ was starting in just a few hours. Oh well.

We didn't do a whole lot that day, besides eating, fishing, coloring (lots and lots of coloring), and watched the Laker game and The Blindside which I really enjoyed.

On Sunday, Pastor Trish made everyone breakfast and then conducted our own little church service. It was maybe 30 minutes long, and the kids took part in reading and handing out communion. It was pretty cool.

Joe, Deb, Josh and I went to the Village and walked around the stores a bit, before heading back to the cabin and saying our goodbyes and driving home.

We got home around 2, and just lounged around the house. We eventually went to Target and bought our Thank You cards (we gotta get those done, like, last week), some Eyeliner, and Saving Private Ryan on Blu-Ray. We had a $50 Gift Card and our total was $47. That was pretty nice.

Monday, Whitney had a BBQ at her parents house. They have this awesome outdoor patio setup that really hadn't been used yet, so we christened it. It was amazing - perfectly suited for entertaining. We ate chips, burgers, hot dogs and cookies. And sat around and talked. Nino brought me my camera, so I got to play around with that a little bit. As much as the internal memory will let me. I'll have to go to Target or WalMart today to buy a SD Card and a case to keep my new camera safe and pretty.

I drove Josh home, since he was pretty drunk. Ridiculous. He used me as a drum the whole way home. Then he got pretty melodramatic that night, telling me that he didn't deserve me, and that he'd never live up to his Dad. That's pretty hard to deal with. What do you say to that? But for the most part, he was pretty silly.

He ended up falling asleep on the couch, which gave me freedom to get ready in the bedroom/bathroom. That was really nice. I had a few extra minutes so I finally made our bed. We washed our sheets over a week ago, and both of us have been too lazy to actually make it - so we've just been sleeping on the mattress with some throw blankets over us. So, thats done. I feel like I've been pretty lackluster in keeping the house together. A lot of clutter thats pretty much my fault. Gotta get that under control.

I'm really considering putting an end to my acrylic nails. I've had them for 2 years or so at this point, but - I dunno. Our normal nail lady had to skip town because her husband tried to kill her. She finally came back but is living out near Long Beach and is only going to commute to her shop in Woodland Hills every 2 weeks for her long-time clients. I just don't know if I want to deal with it anymore. 2 weeks is too short, 4 weeks is too long. Our appointment isn't until the 26th of this month, and I've already gone about 5 weeks since my last fill. I think I just want to take them off. Go Au' Natural for awhile. Not spend that extra money.

Anyway - I've been here for over an hour and I haven't done a thing. Must work!

No comments: