Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Blogging

Maybe starting to blog again wasn't such a good thing. Or is it? Instead of surpressing frustrations, I now am coming straight here to vent instead of just "dealing" with it.

Friends. Ah, the mysterious world of friends. It's no surprise that my group of friends isn't what its supposed to be. And maybe that can be chalked up to growing up, careers, relationships, marriage. But then I see Josh's group of friends that, despite living on opposite ends of the country, are still going strong.

So how is it so hard to keep a group of friends together that live in together in the confines of the San Fernando Valley. It'd be easy to blame everyone else, but I can't be that naive. I know I've changed, hell, I got married, but I really feel that I'm one of the few that's still making an effort.

I feel like my attempts at invitations, and planning, are now being taken for granted. It'll be interesting to see what happens after I leave. Whitney and Louis will still see eachother, of course. Nino, Andrew and Josh already do things outside the group, so they should be fine. Gregg and Lindsey will stay on their own, and Joe and Deb will make the final move over to her group of friends.

The group that's been going strong for almost a decade will finally break apart, the group that made me who I am, taught me my life lessons, helped me get through those life lessons, and the group that saw me become a woman will be but just a fragmented history of what used to be.

1 comment:

Katherine Lacabe said...

Preaching to the choir! And hey, I've tried to go out with you cause, like you said, time passes and people change. C'est la vie, though, right?