Thursday, June 3, 2010

1 Month!

Josh and I "celebrated" our 1 Month of being married. And by celebrated, I mean, I took him to Applebees. The one (and only one) even remotely close had closed down for quite a long time, and we just recently learned that it had reopened. Josh was ecstatic.

It feels like the time has flown by - yet, I still haven't even started the process of my name change. I really need to order our Marriage Certificate ASAP, and get one that.

Josh is still out of work, unfortunately. He's had a couple job offers, that he's turned down. The first offer he got was for a game show called Minute To Win It. At first, it seemed like a good thing. It's a network show which means a longer gig, more money, and it was being shot at CBS Radford, so for the first time, he'd be working in the valley. But then he found out that it'd be 14-hour days, 6 days a week, for $100 less than his base weekly rate. He agonized over what to do, but eventually said thanks, but no thanks. It's the first time he'd ever turned down a job.

The second show was even worse, as they paid even less money.

I told Josh that I supported him completely - he's worked too hard and too long to short sell himself like that, especially when a chance for a good show might be coming up soon. The boss he loves has some stuff in the works, though they may not start up for another few weeks.

I can't wait until we can have a more normal life with more normal jobs. That'll be nice.


In other new:
Oil is still spilling into the Gulf, my Dad hasn't gone back to work yet, the Lakers play game 1 against the Celtics tonight, Caleb won 1st place in his race last night, and it's time for breakfast!

No comments: