Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The LONG weekend!

So I really wanted to post yesterday, but blogger was down in the morning, and by the time it was working I was too involved in work to even start.

Even though I should be working at this moment, I'm not.

So - the weekend. It was interesting. Saturday was probably the most boring day I've had in a long time. I desperately wanted to get out, do stuff, but it didn't work out that way. We sat, and sat, and sat. No movies, no beach, no hanging out with friends. It baffles me that Josh is content doing this, as he's out of work, and sits at home like this every day. I decided to start on my 2009 Book that I'd totally procrastinated on doing last year. I actually finished it that same day.

I sometimes feel like Josh and I get bored of eachother. I think it's just him not being at work, and being home, and us always being together. I know he's down right now, not having work, and being so broke. I had to loan him some cash yesterday to pay rent (a week late), and now, we're both completely broke. I can tell its weighing heavily on him, but he won't talk about it. I know he feels like he's letting us down, especially in our first month of being married. It's not his fault. It happens.

Sunday however, was pretty fun. Josh had gotten free Dodger tickets for Sunday - and while Josh enjoys baseball, he was especially excited because the Dodgers were playing the Braves. We had 8 tickets, so we gathered up some friends and made our way down there. It was an extremely hot day, and our seats were in the sun for all 11 innings. It was a fun game though, and I got to eat my chocolate malt with the wooden spoon, like I've always done at Dodger games. Unfortunately for Josh, the Braves lost.

After the game we bolted over to my parents who were waiting to watch Game 2 of the Lakers vs. Celtics Finals. It was a close game for a lot of it, and kept us all on the edge of our seats. In the end, the Lakers also succumbed to the Celtics, tying the series 1-1.

I went back to work on Monday surprising well rested, and the day flew by. I think because it went so fast, I wasn't so drained of life by the time I left, and really had a hard time getting to sleep. I think I was excited about rafting finally being reserved. I probably shouldn't have spent the money on that until I knew Josh and I would be ok.

We're both going to have to be on some major lock down this week until more of Josh's checks start coming in. I can't wait until we move, and Josh has a steady, stable job, and we can stop worrying about the next show, the next unemployment check. That'll be nice.

No comments: