Thursday, June 10, 2010

Clothes

I'm really tired of a lot of my clothes. I envision myself having a certain type of style, but I don't have the money to purchase new clothes, let alone the body to pull it off.

Despite having lost about 15lbs this year, I'm still quite unhappy with my body. It doesn't help that according to the doctor, I'm still an overweight adult. I went bathing suit shopping recently and was immensely disappointed with what I saw.

I want to change my image, both physically and materialistically. I'm older, I'm married, and the person I portray needs to reflect that. I wish I could just throw on a pair of jeans, a cute shirt, pull my hair back in a pony tail and look pretty. Instead I worry about the fit of the shirt, does it flatter my belly pooch, are my jeans flattering my butt, put on an array of makeup and blowdry and straighten my hair with surgical precision.

I need to lose weight and get fit - yet, what did I do yesterday? Eat Wendy's. I won't blame myself for not working out because I've tweaked my neck and still don't have my full range of motion back. But I desperately need to go back soon.

So, I've created a short term goal for myself. 5lbs by rafting which is about 3 weeks away. And focus on working on my upper body strength specifically for rafting.

I want to be a fit active person, and I know that I've already started habits in my life that would lead in the opposite direction, the same direction my family has taken to immobility and unhealthyness. I don't want to be like them.

So tonight, I will make my way to the treadmill. I'll hold off on the arms until my neck is better, but treadmill it will be!

No comments: