Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Gym! (and other stuff)

I'm finally starting to feel almost completely better. I only get a twinge of pain when I press on the area "of concern", lol. So, with that, Josh and I are headed to the gym tonight. I haven't had a proper workout since a week before the wedding, so I'm going to start out just doing the treadmill and stair machine before getting back into my more strenuous DVD's.

Bootcamp starts back in about a month, and I'm thinking about signing up for another class through Pierce Extension classes.

Speaking of Josh, his cold is finally starting to subside. He was back to his normal self yesterday which was nice. I'm still avoiding kisses from him, because I can't afford to get sick again.

We went and visited my Dad yesterday and he seems to be doing better. They prescribed him a drug called Chantix, that is supposed to block the nicotine receptors in your brain. Apparently he felt immediate relief after taking his first dose. He still has cravings, but its taken the edge off and has allowed him to kind of relax. My mom said that he's just been going and going, jumping from one project to another. Today he's going to remove the back doors to paint them. I'm so glad he's doing so well after his heart attack, and ready to make some life changes.

My boss offered to treat me to Starbucks today, but I gratefully declined. I need to be good too, and eat my Weight Watchers bagel that I brought. I them promptly burned said bagel. But I ate it anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chantix is what my dad took to quit smoking and it worked perfectly for him. My mom just found the bottle the other day - June 1998! 12 years!

good luck to him!!!