Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Time to start again!

I used to blog all the time - on multiple blogs. Besides my wedding blog that took hold in the past year, I've all but stopped blogging. How will I remember my life?!

So, now that the wedding is now behind me, it's time to get get back into it.

What have I missed?
Obviously - I'm now happily married.
My Dad had a heart attack, and he and my mom are now forced to change their life-long habits.
My constant struggle with weight, and now, health.

I recently had a bout of stomach pain that landed me in the E.R., coincidentally on the same day that my Dad had his heart attack. The stomach pain still has no known cause, but only lives on in a small tender area under my right ribcage. It could be gallstones. It could be nothing.

But while I was at the doctor, they wanted to recheck my cholesterol since it had tested high back in October. With my recent weight loss, it should have gone down. But to my surprise, it has gone up.

With my Dad's recent health scares, this is something I really need to watch. So now, not only am I concerned about my weight (according to the doctor, I am still an overweight adult), but also my blood. I'll really need to watch what I'm putting into my body, and not just how many "points" it is.

So my new goal is to lose 10lbs by August 5th (my trip to Virginia and Canada), and hopefully lower my cholesterol to a healthy level. Also, to be able to run a mile without stopping. Woo! Lol.

Okay, done for today!

No comments: