Monday, January 14, 2008

Chapter 2: Overhaulin

So I realized today that when you make a choice to get one aspect of your life together, you are automatically forced to get all aspects of your life together. I want to be slimmer and healthier, so with that has come excercise and eating better. I've also been wanting to get my finances together, so I've had to watch what I spend and keep track of my bills. It's nowhere near being paid off, but I finally feel in control of it again and the thought of having it paid off doesn't seem that impossible. Since getting the new bedroom furniture, I've really been more conscious of putting my things away and making the bed. And its nice. I feel good about myself and I can see how it can help me in my energy levels, in my confidence.

I kinda have a pride in myself that I haven't had before. Or atleast a sense of control. I came into work today wanting to get things done and wanting to do a good job. I feel like I've just been cruising through life, doing just enough to get by. But I think its time to start working harder to get things done, succeeding enough to where I can provide a stable environment for the family that I would like to have.

It'll be nice to see some of these goals being accomplished later this year. Yay :)

No comments: