Monday, February 21, 2011

I've been MIA - Please forgive me!?

So its been awhile since I've posted, and I hate to admit that I fell off the wagon for a little bit. I didn't weigh in last week, and that's partially due to a cold I woke up with Sunday morning that was wreaking havoc on me, and also due to being at work late on Wednesday. But mostly, I wanted to avoid the scale that day. I was up based on the scale at home, and I just wasn't ready to face that.

I stayed home on Thursday and Friday, and snacked, but I really really tried to stay in control, though I still wasn't tracking.

Saturday was my nephews birthday party, and there was El Pollo Loco with all the fixings, cupcakes, chips, dips, candy, and then it was Greggs birthday party with drinks, chips, dips, cakes. It could have been a total disaster. But it wasn't! I had made the decision the night before that I wasn't going to have a cupcake, or the mac&cheese, mashed potatoes, or tortillas that came with lunch. I ate one piece of chicken, some salad with a bit of creamy cilantro dressing, 1 small (1/2) of a taquito, and a small scoop of Sweet Corn Cake. I did snack on some Baked Tostitos, and some pretzel M&M's, but that was it. I didn't overdo it.

Then at Greggs, I snacked on the veggie plate they had, and only had 2 small drinks. I did end up eating a handful of Reduced Fat wheat thins, but I didn't succomb to the cake and chips, and buffalo wings. And the best part, I didn't miss it!

Yesterday Josh and I went to Subway for lunch, and I got my normal Turkey Breast on wheat with Swiss Cheese, which is a total of 9pts. I didn't get any chips, and didn't miss those either. Then we went to Young and Nino's, and Young had Oatmeal Raisin cookies baking, so I found a small one and only ate one. For dinner, we went to this Korean BBQ place where we all shared this big plate of meat. I was kinda hoping they would have some healthy sides with veggies, but they did not. So I had a couple bites of the sausage, 1 baby back rib (they are tiny), and some chicken. I avoided the sweet potato fries and the onion rings.

When I woke up this morning, I decided I needed to face the facts, get on the scale, and get back to tracking. I wasn't going to let this little road bump get in my way of reaching my goals, and I need to come to terms with the fact that this is going to happen again, and probably a few times, and thats okay - as long as I realize that I'm not on track, and do something to fix it.

Surprisingly enough, I must have not been too bad. I weighed in at 139.6. Down 1.4lbs from my weigh-in 2 weeks ago. Back in the 130's! Of course thats morning weight, and not my 5pm weigh-in weight, but it's in the right direction and I've got 3 days to get that number down even more.

See ya 140's (again).

No comments: