Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 16: Crisis Averted

Today I am talking about two separate crisis....'s. Whats the plural for crisis? Anyway.



I had to go in to the eye doctor so she could dilate my eyes and do a more thorough exam. You know, because I'm going blind! Anyway. She did the exam and all that and it was time to go home. She asked me if I felt okay driving, and I looked around and was like, yeah, I think I'll be good. And I get on the road, and IT IS NOT GOOD! The lights from all the cars were blurring together into just one big kaleidescope of light coming from all directions. I could make out the cars in front of me by their tail lights, but had difficulty deciphering their speed and when they had stopped. I didn't dare change lanes because that would require looking in my side mirrors with the even worse reflecting of bright white lights. Luckily, I made it home safe and sound. Crisis averted #1.


The next crisis had to do with dinner. Chicken pot pie. Chickeny, potatoey goodness with Pillsbury dough layered on top. Two sheets worth! I thought the recipe made 8 servings, and when I got home and looked at the recipe it was 6 servings which upped the points value to 15. And then we used different potatoes, which upped it to 16. Not a lot of bang for my buck. Luckily, we discovered we had only used 1lb of chicken and not two like the recipe called for and it did serve 8 after all, bring the points value back to 10. Phew! Crisis averted #2.

Today is Friday, and payday! Finally. I will be putting a pretty good chunk towards paying off my last credit card. I can't wait! Friday also means I get to treat myself to Subway! It's just a few blocks, so I always walk there, and get in some exercise, and I think I still have enough on my gift card to get me one more meal. Sweet!

Glasses are giving me vertigo. Sigh.

No comments: