Monday, January 24, 2011

Day #5! A little hiccup, but thats ok!

Saturday we had planned on spending the day over at Young and Nino's. Josh was working that morning right near their place so Josh (Baker) picked me up and we met Josh once he was done with work.

Young made this incredible dinner for us, which was quite unexpected, but delicious! It was a Stuffed Pizza, essentially a pizza casserole with a bisquick crust, and amazingly good. I was able to calculate the points and discovered that it was 12pts, which was fine since I had 17 points left. I also ended up eating a stuffed mushroom she had made which was 3pts. Again, delicious, and also within my points budget.

Until we left to go see a movie. We had planned on seeing True Grit, but while we were standing in line, they announced they only had seats in the front row so we decided to leave, and get some Fro Yo on the way home. The place we stopped at only took cash, which we had none of, and discovered a Baskin Robbins across the street. Okay, I said, I'll get a kids scoop of their low-fat menu. Uh huh, yeah right. I ended up getting a scoop of Mint Chocolate Chip and Jamoca instead. Can we say 18 points? I also ended up snacking (just a little bit) back at the house, and had a hard cider. So I totally blew that day, but I didn't let it bother me too much. I know I stayed within my "Weekly Allowance Points", and the possibility of a weight loss this Wednesday is just about certain.

Sunday was a new day, and a new start. I woke up and Josh and I went grocery shopping and I stocked up on fruits and veggies and egg beaters and salad, and some Lean Cuisines (they were on sale for $1.49!!). I got home and made some veggie scrambled eggs with an english muffin for brunch, had some fruit and veggies for a snack that afternoon, and ate a veggie stew for dinner. I actually had 16 points remaining, so I indulged in having 2 pieces of bread with my dinner, and then had 6 mini-york peppermint patties for dessert.

I'm feeling great and even though the weight isn't gone yet, my confidence is up 100%. It's probably all in my mind, but my pants actually felt a bit looser this morning.

I prepared some great food for myself this morning. I cut up fruits and veggies, made a salad, packed healthy food options like a lean cuisine lasagna, and some light yogurt. My bag was so packed I could barely get it open, and I realized this is really a lifestyle I can get used to. I do need to learn some filling lunch options other than frozen meals, but one step at a time.

Tonight I will be going to a TurboKick class at the gym, which hopefully will agree with me more than that BootCamp class I attended. Not only did I quit halfway into it, I was literally sore for the next 5 days. 5 days!

Okay - quick run down of points!

Breakfast: 3pts
Thomas Honey Wheat Double Fiber English Muffin, with Spray Butter and Cinnamon and Sugar sprinkled on top - 3pts
1 Cutie - 0pts
1 Coffee - 0pts

Snack: 3pts
Yoplait Light Berry Tort Yogurt - 3pts

Lunch: 9pts
Lean Cuisine Lasagna - 8pts
Salad with mushrooms, red and green peppers - 0pts
Feta Cheese - 1pt
Vinegar Dressing - 0pt
Carrots and Cucumbers - 0pts

Snack: 0pts
Strawberries, Blueberries and a Cutie - 0pts
Coffee - 0pts

Thats a total of 15 points, leaving me with 14 points for dinner. See all the food I get to eat! I'm totally loving this new plan, and I can't wait to see the results on Wednesday at my first weigh in!

No comments: