Monday, January 31, 2011

Day #12 - So Far, So Good (and Life)

So diet wise, I'm doing well. I had a minor slip up on Saturday because I completely underestimated the points of a Gyro. I was thinking somewhere in the 9-10point range, when it was really 16points. Live and learn.


I know I'm not supposed to, but I made up for it by eating less than my normal points yesterday, which wasn't hard considering I had 16 points left after dinner. I had a brownie, and 2 York Peppermint Patties for dessert and still had 8points left.

I'm headed back to the gym tonight as I haven't been in almost two weeks. I will be doing the TurboKick class at 5:30, which hopefully won't render me useless for the next few days like the Boot Camp class did. That was insane.

Now, on to life. The move has been most likely pushed to the middle of September, which is good as it gives us another month to save and the weather will be a bit nicer for our friends who are coming out with us. My job situation is still up in the air, and the latest I heard is that corporate is pushing more for a full transfer, meaning I'll work for a producer in the Atlanta office, as opposed to working for Darrow here in L.A. remotely from the Atlanta office. While, a job is good, I really enjoy working for Darrow, and like our clients. Changing to a different Producer scares me as more often than not, they're usually complete assholes. So we'll see!

I also found out last night the my Brother and his wife are getting a divorce. We've seen it coming for awhile now, so it's no surprise. But I just hate to think about how it'll affect the kids. Braxton already has anger issues, and I see him spiraling downward unless they really work hard to make sure he is adjusting. I hate seeing all those shows on A&E like intervention, where these kids became addicted to drugs after their parents divorced.

They've talked about having one central living space that would essentially be the kids house, and Craig and Cheryl would move in and out depending on whos time it is with the kids. I know they're doing that to make it easier on the kids, but I really don't see it being any better than having the kids go from house to house.

Anyway - that's about all I know.

Crazyness.

No comments: