Monday, June 14, 2010

Post-Nuptual Weight Gain

I refuse to gain back the weight I lost for the wedding - absolutely refuse. Now, if you saw my excercise and eating habits as of late, you'd think that maybe, perhaps, I thought differently.

I haven't been very good, I admit that. But, the thought of weight loss, and reaching my goal is still weighing heavily on my mind.

Yesterday started out fairly good. I had a 100-Cal English Muffin and some jelly for breakfast, and a grilled chicken breast with brocolli for lunch. I even went to the gym and attempted to get back into running. But then I had 5-Layer Dip and Chips, and Panda Express for dinner! Grrrr.

I'd like to point out that I'm not a runner, and never have been. It's hard for me to run for any significant amount of time. Before the wedding, I was working toward being able to run a 1/2 mile without stopping, and I never got there, unfortunately.

With bootcamp starting up in a week, this was something I wanted to work on beforehand. Well yesterday I got on the treadmill, and I ran. For 10 minutes straight! For .6 miles! Without stopping. I was very proud of myself, and if I pushed myself, I probably could have gone even more. I shall be back today for another stab at it - hopefully it wasn't just some random fluke.

I have replaced most of my wedding blogs with various weight loss blogs, and plan on documenting my weight loss journey - along with all my other random crap here.

I want to get back down to my low-weight of 128. I'm at roughly 140 right now. 12 pounds. I can do that. Just need to focus. These next three weeks, I'm going to hit it hard. Lots of gym, lots of upper body excercises. I have to get in shape for our rafting trip!

So I start, officially, today.

I stopped at Subway this morning and got a Breakfast Sandwich and a Foot-Long Roast Beef Sandwich on Omega-3 bread, with Swiss cheese, lettuce, spinach, tomato, onions, pickles and green peppers. I will eat half at lunch, and half at dinner. Total, this runs me about 15 points for all three meals, leaving me with 5 points for various snacks and whatnot.

I will also go to the gym after work. I will run on the treadmill again for 10 minutes, and walk, uphill, the other 20. Then I'll do some reps on the weight machine we have. Then I'll go back to the apartment and do some push ups, and crunches.

With all this said, I shall be "quitting" weight watchers. I need to save that money, and with bootcamp starting up, I won't be able to attend meetings for atleast the next 2 months. I know I can do it on my own, and its the smart thing to do right now financially. I really have to focus on saving so that by next year, I'll have a good chunk of money saved up to contribute to a down payment on a house.

So, the plan is 5lbs by my rafting trip on 4th of July. And then as close to 130 I can be for our August 6th trip to Virginia.

I should have weighed myself this morning to give myself a starting weight. Oh well, that'll be for tomorrow.

So, gooooooo weight loss!

No comments: