Friday, January 9, 2009

Struggles

I didn't do great at lunch yesterday. I went downstairs and went inside Quiznos with the intention of getting Chili and a side salad (3/4pts) but it's so not what I wanted to eat. I ordered a Roast Beef sandwich, and got Salt and Vinegar chips...lets estimate that to 11 points. Then, the Hersheys chocolate I had, 1 more point....then the 2 Sees Candies I found...lets say 6 points. Before dinner, I had already reached my limit of 21 points.

I got home, and like a bad girl I got on the scale. It said 155, meaning I've gained 4lbs in 4 days. No way. Even though the scale was on a flat surface, I moved it to the same spot I weighed myself last time and it went back down. Phew.

But this threw me into a frenzy. In that instant, I hated myself. I wanted to get those lbs off of me as fast as possible, and that wasn't a goal I was going to reach in one night.

I decided to go to the gym and went on the treadmill for 45 minutes and did some light weights to start toning my arms. When I got back to the apartment, I still wasn't satisfied. I had only burned off about 300 calories. In a panic I drove down to Target to see if they had the Wii and Wii Fit, but they did not. Jillian from Biggest Loser has created a Workout DVD with the Wii Fit that I really want to get. So I left Target with a pack of gum and Weight Watchers 1pt Cookies.

I tried to not eat dinner (a big no-no in dieting) for as long as possible. I was determined to starve myself to skinny, but my conscious got the better of me. I heated up my Progesso 0pt Soup and made a 2pt Grilled Cheese, and had a cookie for dessert. I had 3pts for dinner, which was pretty good.

Today is Bagel day at work, but the bagels they have are the normal 6point bagels and the fatty cream cheese. So I brought my own, and ate that along with a few blackberries. They were starting to get a bit squishy, so I put the rest in the freezer, so they'll be a nice little frozen treat later.

I brought the rest of my soup for lunch (0pts) and Edamame (2pts). For snackage, I have 2 cookies and a Cheez-it, although it's not guaranteed I'll eat all that.

So today:
Breakfast: Bagel/Cream Cheese/Blackberries: 3pts
Lunch: Soup/Edamame/Cookie: 3pts
Snack: Cookie/Cheez-it: 3pts

9pts Total, leaving 12 for dinner.

Tomorrow will be a challenge, but hopefully I'll do alright. We're meeting at Jack in the Box before hand, but I'll bring my own breakfast from home, and maybe just get a fruit bowl.

I'll pack my own sandwiches and snacks for lunch, and by then, with all the walking we would have done, I can splurge a bit on dinner there.

As a snack I can get their big pickles there, which I love.

Continuing goal: drink more water

I'll be going back to the gym tonight, as well.

No comments: