Monday, January 28, 2008

One Big Family

This weekend, Josh and I woke up very early Sunday morning to take my parents to LAX for their 2 week trip to Mexico. As we were saying our goodbyes, giving hugs and kisses, my Dad stopped Josh and I and said he had one last thing he wanted to tell us. He then paused and got a bit teary eyed, and mentioning he was going to cry before announcing to Josh that he's really come to love Josh as a son, and how great it is to see me happy. We all got a bit teary eyed, and hugged once again before officially saying good bye.

I can't even begin to express how happy this made me. Family is and always will be the most important thing in my life, and seeing Josh become a part of that family is a feeling I can't even begin to put into words. He is the love of my life and I can't think of anyone else I'd want to spend the rest of my life with and start a family with. My life is actually starting to fall into place - and its such a comforting thought.

The night before, Josh and I even stopped at a jewelry store and I tried on some rings...none that I particularly love. I know when I put on the right one, I'll know it - I just hope that the right one doesn't break the bank.

I know a lot of people might think we're rushing into this. Sure we're young, and sure, we've only been dating "officially" for 6 months - but honestly, we both knew we were going to spend the rest of our lives with eachother for the past 3 years. We already know everything we need to know, and for us, this is just the next step.

No comments: