Friday, November 5, 2010

Difficulties

I know that moving in with my parents would cause some stress on Josh and I, and definitely put our relationship to the test. I just didn't realize that test would begin even before we actually moved in.

The stress of juggling work, with our personal needs, on top of getting my parents house, and my sisters garage (which will hold our belongings until our move to Atlanta), has been almost unbearable. We have a task that has to get done every night, every weekend. And with most of it being some type of physical work, being done after work, I know we're both mentally and physically exhausted.

Our fuses are short, and fights have become more common, though not serious at all. I just hate that its happening at all.

But I know that this is necessary. My parents need the help, probably more financially than physically at this point. My dad is doing extremely well, aside from some cabin fever. And I know that if we weren't saving the money on our regular rent, we'd never save up enough for a down payment on a house.

It's just been a very long, extremely bumpy and curvy, and sometimes slippery road these past few weeks, and luckily, in one week we'll be moved in, and we'll start down another road. One that hopefully has a few more rest stops on the way.

Things still need to happen before we move in. We need to paint, prime, and install new blinds in the bedroom. The carpet guys are coming on Wednesday for the new carpet. The back room needs to get a major cleaning and vacuuming to be used as our semi-private living room. Josh and I need to finish packing, plus all that fun change-of-address stuff. All this on top of working full time, long commutes for Josh, and somewhere along the way Josh and I need to find time for us, to connect.

The one bright spot is Josh's birthday tomorrow night, which I hope won't become clouded with the list of to-dos. Hopefully, we can let go, relax, and have fun! Hopefully, we won't be too exhausted to enjoy the night.

No comments: