Thursday, June 24, 2010

Don't Give Up!

I didn't go to the gym last night. I couldn't. Every muscle hurt and I didn't want to be a puddle on the floor before Boot Camp tonight. My upper/inner thighs are still a bit sore, but at least I can move today.

I started thinking about my daily weigh-ins, and my daily weight goals. Is it a good idea? Absolutely not. Not reaching my daily goals made me take for granted the 2.5lbs loss I had last week. Instead of being proud, I was disappointed that I didn't lose that extra pound that would put me on track.

However, I am liking weighing myself every day. You can't ignore it, or decide to "cheat", because I'll see it the very next morning.

Now, I'm about to go into TMI land, and point fingers as to why I think I'm not losing as much weight. I haven't had a BM since Monday, and it's driving me crazy. I plant myself on the pot, and honestly, try! And nothing. It's not like I'm not getting enough Fiber in my diet, or drinking enough water. I think it's my body playing mean tricks on me. Like it doesn't want me to lose weight.

I'm onto you body! I'll get the best of you! You can't hold out on me forever!!!!

So, if I'm still unsuccessful in my quest by the end of the work day today, I believe we have some magic pills at home that should solve all my problems.

Now, for things that don't involve my diet.

Gas.

No, not that kind...

I needed to stop and fuel up my vehicle this morning. This is always tough for me as I'd much rather run that little bug into the ground and stomp and squish it with all my might. It's probably not healthy to hate your own car so much.

Anyway, like I was saying. I stopped to get some gas. My car was also FILTHY so I decided to go to a gas station with a car wash. Neither of these things proved successful. I was about 40 seconds into my fill-up when it just stopped pumping. I tried pulling up the handle again, nothing. Took it out and repositioned it. Nothing. Pressed the Unleaded button. Nothing. I walk over to the attendant and she tries the same things. Nothing. Apparently, the Vacuum Pump has shut off.

She says she can cancel my transaction and start over somewhere else, but I declined. I had enough to get me to work, and didn't want to deal with it. Then I realized that I never saw the option to add the car wash. So I ended up with 3 gallons of gas and a dirty car. Not a productive morning.

No comments: