Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Evil Scale

I'm angry at my scale. Because the weight varies so much, I have no clue if I'm getting the accurate weight, or that my starting weight was accurate to begin with.
I weighed myself yesterday and got anything from 157 - 151. I decided to go with the 151. That has me questioning my starting weight. I was eating so horribly, and drastically changed my eating habits that my week one weight loss should have been a lot more.

I know I shouldn't let this discourage me, and that if I do it long enough, I'll see the changes in my body and not the scale, but, its important to see the progress you are making.

I've done really well this past week, and am looking forward to continuing this. I can imagine myself 6 months from now, being 15-20lbs lighter, and its a goal I know I can get to. I'm looking forward to being healthier and more in shape, and not have to worry if my jeans are going to fit once I take them out of the dryer. I'm looking forward to being comfortable in my own skin again.

My coworker was talking about her Wii last night and how she broke into a sweat working on her Wii Fit, and its making me want one so bad. I could even wake up a bit earlier and do that in the morning before work, and then do the treadmill after work. I'm ready to lose this weight, and ready to work at it.

No comments: